Bojangles was inside the engine of the Kubota when I started it up around 10am. His neck & throat were sliced by the fan blades & belt so he's in bad shape. He's very anemic, lost a ton of blood and may need a transfusion.
The wound is so large and just under the chin that it can't be wrapped. It needs alot of stitches but due to the trauma to his tissues there was nothing the vet could do to close it. Please keep your fingers crossed for him.
If anyone can afford to contribute towards his vet bill I'd greatly appreciate it. The vet at Park West Veterinary was really generous and gave me a $150 discount. Today's bill was $182. He goes back for a checkup on Friday and he'll have several more.
I'll bring him to the barn some and keep him in a dog crate so that I can keep an eye on him until he's out of the woods.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Bojangles is a little more alert this evening and is obviously in pain, even with the pain medication. Due to one of the lacerations extending around his jaw & into his mouth its very hard for him to eat. We mashed some canned cat food and he's licking it up. I wish he would drink some water though. I got some into him this morning by syringe.
ReplyDeleteHe's tolerating the wound cleaning which, in my limited cat experience, is a very nice thing since he could claw our eyes out if he wanted. I have to bathe his wounds with saline to try to keep infection at bay. I'm optimistic.